For program information go to the web page link above: "Click to Visit".
Request approval for a non-WU program to be considered Approved as WU
It is possible to request approval for another program to be considered as Willamette-sponsored for you in the semester you intend to go abroad.
Here are the steps to complete to request such approval:
1. Find the program called "Non-WU: Request to Approve".
2. Select a term. CAUTION: In the application, you will have the option to choose any term but be sure you select a term that is actually offered by that program. Complete the application. If approved, the program will be treated as any other WU-sponsored program. You will pay WU tuition, access your WU financial aid, and complete the same study abroad processes with the OIE as all the WU-sponsored program participants.
2. As part of the online application, you will be required to submit supplemental documentation about the non-WU program, such as cost information, program dates, academic offering and a statement about why the program is a better fit than existing Willamette-sponsored programs.
3. Language Assessment Form: If you will be taking courses taught in a language other than English,
the Language Assessment Form must be completed by an appropriate language professor at Willamette who can comment on your proficiency in the target language.
If you are applying for a program taught in English,
please assign the Language Assessment Form to be completed by Amy Nelson Green (OIE staff). She will check it as complete since it is not required for you.
Special Note about Costs for Non-WU programs:
You may request WU to sponsor one semester
of a non-WU program during the course of your academic career at Willamette. If approved, there is a limit to the amount WU will pay on your behalf for an Approved as WU program.
- You will pay WU tuition to Willamette via your WU student account as with all WU sponsored programs.
- Your student account will also be billed a program cost for any amount beyond the maximum amount that WU pays for Approved as WU programs. WU will pay up to a maximum of $10,300 towards the cost of the Approved as WU program, as those costs appear on the program provider's standard invoice for that program. As with all programs, this does not include airfare, visa related costs, or other incidental costs related to participation in the program.
- If the cost of the Approved as WU program exceeds $10,300, you will be billed the difference via your WU student account- this is the additional program cost.
- If your program's invoice is less than $10,300.00, WU will pay it in full and you will not receive any financial credit for the difference.
- Students are responsible for paying any application fees associated with their Approved as WU program.